Little Ones

I think the question I get asked more than any other since Randy and I got married is "when will you start having children?" It's a rare week when I don't hear that one at least twice. I'd probably hear it more often if I got out more. Wellllll....we have an announcement!









JUST KIDDING!!!!


I totally got you, didn't I :) We're planning on waiting for a few years. By "a few years," I mean at least 3-5, depending on my health and other circumstances. We want to enjoy our time together as a married couple because we won't get that precious time back. Once I graduate in May we're going to travel the world, and that won't really be possible with a baby tagging along. We have plenty of time.




I love this picture of her. I feel like she looks so regal.
For now, meet Pepper. Pepper is our dog-child, and she is all the toddler I need right now. Seriously, I'm not even sure she knows she is a dog. Pretty sure she is convinced she is a baby. She definitely acts like it. She is one of the smartest dogs I have ever encountered, bar none. She is FULL of personality and we love her very much! We adopted her from a super sweet family that Randy knew from work that could not take care of her anymore because they were having another baby. It was a spur of the moment decision, but we are so glad we went with it! She's a sweet girl! She ALWAYS knows what we're saying, she has a ton of commands, she loves to play, she's super friendly, and we love her with all of our hearts. She's a great dog-child. I know everyone says their dog is super smart, just like everyone says their kid is super smart, but here are some examples: 
  • She knows the difference between "go get your ball, squeaky (toy), & bone" 
  • She knows the difference between "go see dad (Randy), mom (me), grandma (Randy's mom), & grandpa (Randy's dad)
  • She gets SO excited if you say "do you want to go to grandma & grandpa's house?" and she knows when we're almost there
  • She learns new tricks almost immediately 
So I'm biased and totally a parent, but I'm definitely not ready to be a PARENT. I always tell people I am still at that stage in my life that I love children as long as I can give them back.

Sorry for the joke :)
Sort of :)

Here are some cute pictures of the puppy-girl to make you feel better!
This is from when my amazing father-in-law was making us new cabinets and drawers :)
She likes laying on the cool wood floors

This is her favorite toy. It is called her "squeaky" because it squeaks.
We love it because the plastic doesn't tear and it's easy to get away from her
Dad is in the hammock (testing out his birthday present), so she should be too :)
(pardon the herbs...I was drying my harvest.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic