Distraction

I have literally drafted 6 blog posts for an update, but I always manage to get distracted and I haven't finished any of them! By the time I get back around to finishing the post (1-2 weeks later) most of what I have written is old news, or I need to convert it to past tense, haha.


Basically, I'm the worst! So sorry. I hope you haven't given up on me!

Warning: this post is going to be FULL of pictures because SO much has happened!

This is on our door in our office :)
I have been so busy with my job these days and that is fine by me! I love my job. I have always adored books, but for some reason I never thought of working in a library as particularly fun. Maybe because I've always gotten my books from school libraries, and school definitely doesn't bring the warm fuzzies. I wanted to work in a book store from age 16, but I never considered a library. For one thing, I don't think I ever realized that there are more than librarians who work at libraries. For the record, I am not a librarian. Fun fact: you actually have to have a master's degree in library science to be an actual librarian. I am a senior library assistant (or SLA) in the communications functional team. My job is pretty unique in that I focus on technology. So my job is literally to play with technology, learn as much as I can about it, and teach it to others. Definitely THE job for me. On top of that, the hours are great, my coworkers are better, and the pay is super nice. Oh, and it's about 5 minutes from home on a rough day. Dream job.

On top of my job being generally awesome, I share an office with 2 really great people. I have truly enjoyed getting to know them and I feel so blessed to be in an office with them. We are all so alike and get along so well! Things could definitely be worse!
One of my office buddies has actually become a great friend of mine! I'm not sure I would have made it without her on the rough days! In the few months I've known her, I feel like she has become one of my best friends. So glad I know you, Melissa! You're the best!

Here are a couple fun pictures from work :)








OH YEAH, I also graduated in August! That's kind of a big deal, I guess.
I am so relieved. As time goes on, I am more and more thankful I am done! Who knows, someday I may go back for my Master's of Library Science, but that will probably be a WHILE. I know people say you shouldn't wait and that it's harder to go back, but I might have a complete nervous breakdown if I don't take a break for a while and live my life.
So thankful for my dear husband. I could not have survived school, much less finish school, without him.
Note: it was windy on the university's hill...Randy isn't sporting a new hairstyle :)

Randy also took me on one of his business trips TO BRAZIL in July! We left the day after the World Cup ended and stayed for a week. It was amazing! I'm dying to go back! I learned quite a bit of portuguese and had SO much fun talking to locals. Everyone told Randy he HAD to bring me back and SOON. I love the people of Brasil. 

One of my favorite things of the experience was being taken in by a family of one of the students at the university. They welcomed me into their home and took me around the city of Jundiaí just outside of São Paulo. The catch: they spoke almost no english. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason I learned so much portuguese. They were so gracious and patient with me and my mangled portuguese. Being in that country is an experience I will never forget. 



This is the homemade wreath they gave me before taking me back to the hotel. I love them dearly!
It's hanging in our hallway now because our front door gets blasted by the sun and it would get destroyed quickly


This is my new favorite fruit in the world. SO GOOD!

COFFEEEEEEEEE and blueberry gelato

This sweet choir gave me one of their shirts (for free) because I loved them so much. They weren't selling them, but they ave me an extra! They insisted on taking a picture of them presenting it to me :) So sweet! 


Mangoes are a million times better in Brasil. 

The view from our second hotel the last 2 nights of our trip. 

I also decided to cut and donate about a foot of my hair on a whim! I decided I was sick of it, so I chopped it off! I really love it!





My darling husband also took me to my favorite band's concert and it was incredible! I saw them on their "Farewell For Now" tour 7 years ago and have been dying for them to tour again! I'm talking about Nickel Creek, of course! If you haven't heard them, I highly recommend listening to as much of their music as you possibly can. I'm obsessed! 



Sorry again for the photo overload! Hopefully I'll stay more updated so I won't have to keep posting these mile long photo posts :) Thanks if you've stuck around this long. 

I hope to post again soon!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic