Dr. Swordfish & The New Job

It took me a few minutes to decide what I wanted to call this post. It's an "update" post, but I figured I'll probably have quite a few of those, and it'll get old if they're all called "update," so I settled with that. I told Randy I was going to write a new blog post and he said, "about what?" and I told him it was just an update over my appointment with Dr. Salmon and whatnot, so he decided to start coming up with other names for him like Dr. Swordfish, or Dr. Mackerel. So funny, that one!

I saw Dr. Salmon Friday! From this point on, I think I'm going to call him Dr. S...or maybe Dr. Fishy? Nahh, I'll call him Dr. S. Dr. Peikari is Dr. P, so Dr. Salmon will be Dr. S. Glad we have that settled.
Alright, so I haven't completely decided how I feel about Dr. S yet. I mean, as a person I really, really like him, but as a doctor I haven't decided yet. He has basically decided to start at ground zero and that kind of freaks Randy and I out a little bit because we're worried he's going to start messing with a good thing. As of right now, my medication is helping and I'm doing well. We're just scared of going back to a place of intense pain every day. Anyway, I had this one wacky test on Friday (I have no idea what it's called  - minus 2 points, Dr S) and then I'm having a "Vestibular" test on Tuesday, and another EEG on the 24th. Also, I would have had the EEG sooner, but I had class. With my last neurologist, I had to wait over a month before I could have the test and they were able to fit me in within a week! Plus 5 points, Dr S! If I didn't have to go to class, I totally would have done it on the 17th! That probably would have frightened the other people of my class, though. An EEG looks like the woman in the picture, but I blurred out her face because 1. no one should have to have that shown everywhere, 2. I'm not sure if it's legal for me to have her picture, 3. it was freaking me out that she was just staring, and 4. I DO NOT have any pictures of when I had my first EEG.
I asked Dr. S to take what my old neurologist said with a grain of salt, since most of the time he never really listened to me...and I think he's taking that and running with it. So we're starting over. Time will tell if that's a good thing or not.

Also, I got a job! Sort of...
I applied at the bookstore at the same university that I attend and my husband works at in the hopes of getting a part-time job a few weeks ago. I was hoping for something to fill the free time I had, and I was also hoping to help with a little extra income. I obviously won't be bringing in the big bucks, but everything is helpful. When school starts up again, I'll be taking a ton of hours, so I won't have much free time, but staying busy will be good for me.
So here's how I sort of got a job:
I applied a few weeks ago and talked to the manager, who is a very nice man named Jason. About a week later, I decided to go in and buy something annnd if I happen to have a nice chat with a bunch of the people who work there, then so be it! So I did :) It was great. A few weeks go by, and I don't hear anything, so I was starting to get kind of discouraged. I decided I was going to call them to see if the position was still open and give them a little "hey, remember me!" nudge. So I called Tuesday of this past week and talked to Jason and before I could even get to that part, he says, "HEY! Yeah, we were just trying to sort through all of the applications and you're actually one of the applicants we're considering! We were going to call you tomorrow!" So, of course, I'm kicking myself wishing I had waited ONE MORE DAY.
Wednesday comes, no call. Thursday, no call. I didn't know what to do! I basically decided if I didn't hear from them by Friday I was going to give up. Randy said I should call them again, but I didn't want to be that girl. Also, Wednesday and Thursday I pretty much had NOTHING to do all day except homework and waiting for this phone call. Friday was a different story. I was going about 90 miles a minute on Friday! So I get a call from Jason and he's like, "hey, I wanted to see if you could come by the bookstore sometime next week. Any day is fine. We're flexible!" So I'm excited and I say yes and he picks Monday. Then, he's like, "Yeah, I want you to come in and work for 3 hours" and I'm like, "ohh...oookay? Sure!" And he says things like we're going to get my paperwork started and get my hours for the next couple of weeks. So I get off the phone and I'm like, what just happened? It was a little surreal. I had just been expecting a call about an interview, not a job! It was crazy.
BUT, here's the catch: they always hire extra people for the "back to school rush," but they don't keep all of those people around for the whole year. The job is the interview. I'm hoping they keep me, but if they don't it won't be the end of my world. I would love it, but I'll just take that as a sign that I need to focus on other things. So, yeah! It was exciting! Very unexpected!

The Lord has been very good to Randy and I. We are very blessed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic