EEG & Such

The day has arrived! I went to my doctor this afternoon and got hooked up to my EEG. I'm exhausted from the process. BUT, as promised, here's a picture...I have to carry that bag around with me everywhere, and that strand of wires is connected to various places on my head. I also have to write down everything I do. If I sit down to watch TV, I have to write it down, and what time I do it. If I take a nap, I have to write that down, too, and so on. It's a little obnoxious, but hopefully it'll get me one step closer to figuring things out. I've already had one episode where it suddenly felt like my world was spinning, so here's hoping it's reading my results accurately so the doctor can give me more exact information about my condition! I'm not looking forward to taking all of these electrodes off Monday morning, though! They gave me an acetone (basically nail polish remover) solution to spray on my hair to dissolve the glue. Then, I have to make it to and from Dr. S's office before my class on Monday. I might just have to skip class if I can't make it, but I'm going to try my hardest to make it there.

I go back to Dr. S on Friday to find out what the results are, so I'll write more about that when I know more.


In other news, I have developed a mild obsession with Thai pineapple curry. Oh baby. It's delicious. 

I had it with Allison the other day at Simply Asia and I just about passed out. My taste buds were SO happy!


I might just get Randy to get me some this weekend since I'm trapped at home with wires attached to my skull :) He's the best! 


Also, I am DEVASTATED. We tried to change our phone plans today since my plan with my parents is running out this month (it would have charged them a cancellation fee if we had switched in Jan) and they said our phone numbers cannot be on the same phone plan because they are not from the same area code :( So I have to get a new phone number :( It wouldn't be AS big of a deal if it didn't mess up a lot of my arrangements with my doctors and stuff. It just complicates things more than I want. So I think we're going to set my current number up with google and forward it to my new number, so I'll be able to still get calls from people who still use my old number. It's super confusing. Randy literally explained it to me about 15 times before I understood what the heck he was telling me. It'll work. 



Well, I think that's all for now.

We are extremely stressed around our house. We are definitely praying for peace.



Update: I found a recipe to make my own pineapple curry...I don't want to lose it, so here's the link for my reference and yours! Not sure, but some of you might be interested! She also shares a recipe for making your own Thai red chile paste, which is pretty cool, so enjoy!
http://www.spiciefoodie.com/2009/09/07/luscious-thai-chicken-pineapple-curry-and-the-5-flavors-of-thai-cuisine-2/



INFO ON EEG'S : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic