A Few of My Favorite Things

Since this whole ordeal has begun, my life has changed quite a bit! With that, my daily routine and the way I think about things has changed quite a bit as well. So I've found a few items that perhaps people dealing with similar things might also be interested in. If not, at least they'll be documented here in this blog for me to look back on and remember! Here they are:



Camelbak waterbottle
This one is 750ml
I am obsessed with mine. I take it everywhere. In fact, I just bought another one because I liked my first one so much! Randy even joined the cult after he saw how awesome they are. They're kind of expensive, depending on where you buy them, but they're nice. We found that Sun & Ski Sports has them for $15, though. Well, $15 for 750ml and $16 for 1000ml (just over 33oz). Not too shabby considering the first place I bought my first one charged a lot more for a 750ml one. They're mostly spill proof, unless they get left with the top pushed up against a seat cushion or something. If the straw mechanism gets compressed they leak just a little. However, you're only supposed to put water in them, so it'll only leak water. Also, filling it up with water every morning and carrying it everywhere with me helps me remember to drink water!!! Which is something I'm TERRIBLE about remembering to do. Now, I usually end up drinking 2 or more of these a day. With the camelbaks, we just buy a gallons of water at Kroger ($1 each) instead of water bottles (yay environment!). If you have a refrigerator that dispenses water you'll save even more!
Funny story: yesterday, I told Randy he needed to start drinking more water and he replied back, "I drink plenty of water...it just also has a lot of sugar in it!" Nice one :)


Keychain Pill Holder
I just got this, but it has been an excellent purchase. After what happened last time I forgot my pills, we decided I needed to have a set of pills on me at ALL times. I used to carry my pill bottle in my purse, but since I've been going to school full time, I've been carrying my huge backpack and I don't like carrying a purse with it, so I carry a little wristlet clutch (which is SUPER liberating) and the pill bottle won't fit. Most of the time I was putting my pill bottle in my backpack, but some days I would run an errand after school and I'd leave my backpack somewhere else and I would skip my afternoon pills. Obviously, that is no longer an option. So now, I have pills attached to my car keys. To be on the safe side, I also have a small teeny tiny (maybe 2inx2in bag) of 5 or so extra in my little purse. We don't play with pill time anymore...


Push Button Pill Organizer
This one makes me feel like an old lady, but it is definitely helpful. I take 7 or 8 pills every morning, so it is SUPER helpful to not have to rummage through all of those bottles. Especially since I have to take my medication at 7am on the dot every morning...I'm pretty sure I would have given up long ago without this little gadget. I like the push buttons on this also because it doesn't just pop open on its own if I pack it in luggage. All the buttons are on the same level, so they're not that easy to push, and it actually takes force. They don't just pop open for anything. On the other hand, it doesn't take so much force to get it open that my pills go flying in the morning. Which is awesome because I'm definitely not conscious enough to chase after them...Also, I don't know about the blue version, but I have the red version of this same brand and the letters don't rub off or anything and I've had it for almost 4 years.


This Guy
I am one lucky lady. Randy is the best husband EVER. Seriously. I could not have done any of this without him. I mean, I suppose I could do anything with God, but I wouldn't want to. He has been everything I could have wanted in a husband and more. He takes such great care of me with a patience you wouldn't believe! He is such a blessing and I thank God for giving him to me as a partner for life. Thanks, sweetheart, for everything! Especially for waking me up every morning at 7 to take my medicine...even when you could have slept in instead! I love you so much! 



Down the road, I'm sure I'll have a ton of tips and tricks, but these are my favorites for now! I have some others that I've run across, but these are the things I use on a daily basis. Maybe one day I'll write a followup post if I get some more.

 Let's get interactive!
Do any of you have any favorite things like my water bottle or anything you just can't live without? Other than spouses? If so, please leave a comment! Or just comment anyway! I always love to hear from you guys!!! 

Thanks so much for reading, as always! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic