Stressing Destressing.

So, I know I just posted, like, 8 hours ago, but I DO have an update! I saw Dr. P about the craziness and it turns out it was just another seizure. Yaaay, temporal lobe. Stupid. He said it's abnormal, but normal. Make sense? Like, it's abnormal in that most people don't have what I have, but normal enough that it follows just enough of a pattern for them to diagnose it. Praise Jesus for that teensy bit of normalcy. I knew I had it in me! Seriously, though - praise Jesus.

As a result, my dose was raised. Again. I'm up to 100mg now. It also means I'll have a standard "day after raised dosage migraine..." yay! After that, I'll have a "day after day after raised dosage headache." It's like clockwork, really. Which is nice, but slightly annoying. Although the migraines would bug me a lot more if it wasn't for my miracle medication. Have I ever talked about Maxalt before? I'm obsessed. I call it my miracle medication because it makes migraines go away within 10-15 minutes. TEN MINUTES. They have 2 versions (that I know of) and I have really come to love the orally disintegrating one (pictured to the left). You just pop it on your tongue, and in about 5 seconds it's gone, and in about a minute you feel relief. The "swallow pill" version takes a little longer, so I like this one better. The only down side is the cost. I pay $25 for 9 of them, but I go through probably 1 or 2 a month (more lately) and THEY WORK. I would pay $100 for 9 if I had to. They're that good. The company didn't pay me to say that. Although, I wouldn't mind if they did ;) Anyway, they're so awesome. True story: At my wedding, the second I walked into my reception, a migraine hit. Fortunately, I keep my Maxalt in a blue box (they come in a hard, blue box because they're easily crushed) and I had a bridesmaid go grab the box for me. I took the pill and was able to get back to my wedding in about 15 minutes (it was the pill version, not the disintegrating one). 
OK, enough of the medication plug...


Anyway, I decided today that I don't think I'm going to improve with my "breakthrough" seizures until I work on my stress management. Right now, I am SUPER stressed, and I get between 3-4 hours of sleep a night...No bueno. One of my friends with epilepsy told me the 2 things affect her seizures most are sleep and stress, and I am failing at both. With the fall semester coming up, I really need to figure something out, or I am afraid of what may happen. So, I'm going to try to get myself on a schedule. We'll see how well I can adhere to it. I'm pretty bad with scheduling things. Ugh. I'm also going to try to stop procrastinating *GASP*, I'm going to try to start sleeping more *GASP* and getting on a normal person's sleep schedule *GASP*!!! I think I'm also going to start going to a yoga class. I think exercising will make me feel better, and I think yoga will both make me exercise and also help me relax and de-stress. Hopefully I can do it. Hopefully I'll have time.

Exciting news: I see my new neurologist AUGUST 10!!! His name is Dr. Salmon! (like the fish, I checked) So in honor of him, here's a funny picture.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty