Pinterest Date!

So, I have this really wonderful friend named Brandi and she's super awesome. So awesome, that I had her as one of my bridesmaids! Here we are being pretty :) Anyway, we try to get together all the time for dinner dates and I absolutely love it. Like, LOVE.

A few weeks ago, I had this idea for something I called a "pinterest date" where we would get together and make food from recipes found on pinterest. It was AWESOME. I have a slight confession to make about it, though...one of our recipes came from my aunt...and we changed the pinterest recipes a wee bit. I made it up, though! We can change it!


Here's what we made: 2 different kinds of pesto and my aunt's peach cobbler. Oh, goodness, it was a feast. Why so much pesto? I tell you why. I have a problem. Randy doesn't like pesto. Not only does Randy not like pesto, Randy doesn't like BASIL. No, no. Randy HATES basil. This shatters my soul a little bit. Dramatic? Not at all.

Here's one of the things we made, and it was literally one of the best meals of my life. I had it again for lunch today and it blew my mind again today. It's Pioneer Woman's pasta with pesto cream sauce and it's magical. I've had this twice now, but this seriously took the cake. Can I take a second to talk about how awesome the Pioneer Woman is? I think her recipes are, like, the least healthy recipes of all time, but oh my gracious, they're delicious! But I digress...back to the recipe. This time, I made it with chicken & proscuitto tortellini, which I TOTALLY recommend, and tomatoes from my garden. We were both in love. I think I could have eaten my weight in this recipe. Whoa baby. ALSO, I always cheat when I make pesto. 1. I never follow the exact recipe because I never measure, and 2. I put sweet basil, boxwood basil and lemon basil in mine. It's glorious. Yeah, sometimes I can be a food snob, but in a good way! Next, we made this recipe, but it wasn't as good. To not make as much food, we used half of the pesto we made and added lemon juice, lemon zest and avocado, but I don't think the avocado was quite ripe enough. Tossed with spaghetti, this was good, but kind of a let down after the other pasta. Also, it was sort of dry. I think I'm more of a creamy pesto kind of gal. More fat that way...duh. ;)

Then, we made my aunt's peach cobbler recipe. MMMMM. So yummy. Best peach cobbler EVER.

We were going to make zucchini chips, too, but we decided it'd be too much food...so I'll just make them on my own. I'll share how that goes some other day!

In epilepsy news: I'm feeling pretty good on the 75mg of topamax, except I've been having some headache/slight migraine problems today. Also a little bit of dizziness, but nothing I can't manage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty