Here's Hopin'

I'm super tired and it is WAY past my bed time (bed time?) so this post will be brief...


I saw Dr. P today and things went well, as usual. I really like that guy :) Anyway, he raised my dosage again and I'm halfway excited about it. Why only half? Because I have to take 50mg in the morning and 25mg around 6pm...Uh, I am TERRIBLE at evening medication. Not only am I terrible at evening medication, but I am even worse at taking it at a specific time. I have no idea how I'm going to remember it. BUT I'm going to try to persevere because *CONFESSION* I have a slight ulterior motive in being on Topamax. Apparently, Topamax makes you lose weight. When someone told me this, they said it made you lose your appetite a bit, so I was thinking you just lost a bit. After a bit of research, people are saying they've lost A TON on Tmax. I have gained 50ish pounds in the last few years and about 30 of those have come from the past year alone. All of the pain medication and immobility really took its toll on me and I'm really looking forward to that little side effect. Today, my nurse was telling me she used to be on Topamax for migraines and she lost 85lbs in 8 months! Ok, so it's not the best reason to stay on a medication, but the medicine really seems to be working more than it is not working right now, so why can't I take advantage of some weight loss, too? Sigh. I mean, the medicine isn't causing any adverse side effects right now and it's not like I'm taking it specifically for weight loss...you wouldn't believe how much better I've felt in the last year!!! If you would have talked to me a month ago, I never would have imagined I'd feel SO good. The last year has been awful. This medicine has been amazing. So I have a breakthrough every now and then? Welcome to anti-seizure medications. It's gonna happen. I'd rather exhaust all possibilities through Tmax before I switch to another one that may not be as successful. Right now I think I'm in a good place.

We shall see. If I can try to take my medicine at night, I won't have to switch. Here's hopin'!

Oh, and I'm supposed to start trying to going to bed at a normal hour O.o
I failed tonight...it's almost 3am. Here's hopin' to that, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty