It's a Date!

They finally set a date for my stay in the hospital for the epilepsy study.

I will be in the hospital from January 28th to February 1st, and I am not very happy about it.
They originally told me it would probably be the 3rd week of January, but apparently my doctor shares the space with 3 other doctors and they swooped in and booked it up first, which is kind of annoying considering how long we've been trying to get this done. My other doctors are pressuring me, I'm not feeling well...it's stressful! Why wasn't my doctor doing the swooping?! It's just a little frustrating when all of my other doctors are waiting on this one doctor to get it together and get a diagnosis so they can move forward, too. Everyone is kind of in limbo...and giving me crap for it!

Not only that, but the 29th is my birthday. I know it's not that huge of a deal or anything, but I had hoped to celebrate it somewhere other than a hospital room with wires glued to my head. Call me crazy, but I guess I just love birthdays. I love everyone's birthday. I love celebrating them! I always have.
Sooo, if you want to drop by, feel free! It's not like I can go anywhere anyway! Call me or Randy and we'll give you details :)

Oh! And the weirdest thing happened recently. I heard from a jr high/ high school friend of mine that I was really close with a long time ago that she just had this same seizure test done the week after Christmas. She filled me in on what they were doing and such, and I can't decide if I'm more prepared or less prepared after hearing what she went through. They don't just take you off of your medicine and monitor you! They literally try to MAKE you have a seizure. They sleep deprive you, stress you out and other ridiculous things. It didn't sound as easy as I was expecting... I mean, I know it will be awful off of my medication. I'm aware of that. My medication is basically the only thing holding me together right now. I have no idea what will happen off of it. I guess I'll find out in less than a month!

As far as health nonsense, I think I'm starting to have auras before my migraines...which is weird. A while back, I had this seizure, or whatever it was, where I saw these colored lights - or bubbles - in front of my eyes very suddenly and then they went away and I had the normal confusion and dizziness that usually goes along with my kind of seizure. Well, the other night, I was sitting and talking to Randy and I see one of those flashing lights out of the corner of my right eye, but I didn't think anything of it. Within 2 minutes, I had the worst migraine on the right side of my head! It was one of the worst migraines I've had in at least 6 months! WOW, it was awful!! Fortunately, the pain medicine Dr. Fred gave me is strong enough to tackle it, and it soothed it, with a little bit of head-rubbing from Randy to go along with it. It was terrible! The next day, it happened again, but we were at least prepared. Needless to say, we're ready for some answers! Hopefully this test will bring us closer!!!


In other news, Randy and I are celebrating one year of marriage this coming Monday :) Yay! It has flown by! I have definitely enjoyed being married to that man! I couldn't have survived the craziness that has been thrown at me without him there to hold me up. The Lord certainly knew what He was doing when He put us together when He did and told us to get married. Everyone - including us - thought we were crazy, but we knew we were following God, and MAN, am I glad we did!!! Randy is definitely the man God made for me. We are definitely not perfect, but we love one another, and we love being married.

So for our anniversary, we are going to the Brazilian restaurant, where he took me the night he proposed, just before he proposed to me. Then, we may go for a walk in the park where he did propose :) 'cause we're sentimental and all...
Oh, and we're having cake! Our church accidentally threw out our top tier that our baker made for us to eat on our anniversary, so we asked her to make a new one because it's one of the best cakes we have ever eaten and she made it for only $15!!! SOOOO GOOD!!! Pretty sure I'm buying all my cakes from her from now on. Forever. I love her. She even decorated it like our wedding cake. Above and beyond, lady!

I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with such an amazing husband. You are such an amazing man and I am truly blessed to have you in my life!


Happy anniversary, Randy!!!

Here's to forever and a day, sweetheart! I love you!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic