¡Delicioso!

I know I don't usually post things about food, but I just HAVE to share this recipe! It's my new favorite thing ever! AND it's healthy with all natural ingredients!

I don't really have exact measurements because I recreated this from something I ate at a restaurant, but it's really an add-what-you-like kind of recipe! The biggest thing is to add the "secret" ingredient. I say "secret" because I've never had any with this ingredient before.

Ok, so I bet you're wondering what it is, right?

GUACAMOLE!!!


Now, this is more of an avocado lover's recipe, but MAN it's delicious!

So here's what you need:
       (this is a 1 or 2 person recipe, so double, triple, or
           even quadruple depending on how much you want or need)

  • 1 large, ripe cubed avocado (it's okay if it's a little under or over ripened, too)
  • 1 roma tomato, chopped - you probably want them a little smaller than what I did in the picture.  I wish I had made them smaller pieces, but they were still yummy!
  • 2 (or more) stems of cilantro - approximately 6-8 leaves, finely chopped
  • lime juice - probably about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
  • 1/2 of a finely chopped red onion (this is more preference...I didn't add any in mine)
  •  about 2 or 3 sections of a large, sweet orange ***SPECIAL INGREDIENT!***
Take the orange pieces and squeeze them in your hand so the juice comes out, but the pulp doesn't. Add a fair amount...if you NEED to measure it, it's probably a 1/2 tablespoon of juice.

Then, put it all together in a bowl and mash it up to your desired texture. I usually like mine with chunkier pieces of avocado. It's totally up to you!



I mixed mine in a glass pyrex bowl, but I really wish I had one of these bowls because it was pretty hard to mash it all up. I kind of had to corner everything with my fork and press each piece individually into the bowl and fork to mash it.  A lot of work for something that could have been a lot easier! Also, this is what the guy in the restaurant used when he made it next to our table. Or I suppose you could use a potato masher?

In case you're wondering, I didn't get this from Pappasito's Grill. They also make your guac table-side, but this was somewhere else.




I'm not sure what the orange juice adds to it, but it's definitely different! It doesn't taste orangey, but it has a really fresh flavor that is impossible to describe! Normally, when I get guac from a restaurant, I try to pick around all the onions and cilantro (I had a bad experience with cilantro once and I REALLY don't like it anymore, which is why I added so little). I always try to get chunks of avocado and tomatoes, but when I had this I didn't have to avoid anything other than trying to lick the bowl clean!

Like I said, this is really an add-what-you-want kind of recipe. If you like more avocado, add more. If you don't like tomatoes, leave them out. If you love onion, please add it! To each his own!
However, the fresh orange juice is critical in this! It will give you a whole new experience!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Let me know if you try it!


OH, and some of you might not know how to find a ripe avocado, but the picture below is really helpful. I got this off of Pinterest and it's great advice! Before, I always managed to get almost or completely rotten avocados :( And they can be pricey!

Also, you don't have to worry if you don't know how to cut an avocado. They sell tools to cube them for you, but I don't like to have too many gadgets cluttering my drawers - especially when I can do it myself with a knife and a spoon. That picture is below as well...also from Pinterest :)

I'm pretty sure I'd be lost without Pinterest!


Comments

  1. This sounds interesting! I love Guacamole, so I will have to try this! Yummy!!!

    So great to see you in the kitchen again, or hear about it anyway!!! <3

    Love you girly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty