Preparation

So I guess now is the final countdown. I'm going into the hospital in less than 48 hours, and I won't come out for at least a week. My mind doesn't even know how to handle that right now!

I was going to be checking in at 7am, but it turns out they'll have a few other people checking in at that time, so my doctor's assistant gave me the option of coming at noon so we wouldn't have to wait around for a "first come first serve" check in or however they decided to arrange us. I think they said they only have one or two people to glue the electrodes to heads and whatnot and get you set up, and the doctor doesn't even get there to see you until 10 and it's just a nightmare...so it just worked out better. AND since I can't wash my hair for a week (because I'll have 40ish electrodes glued to my head) I have to wash my hair and dry it just before I go to the hospital so it won't be quite so icky...but let's get real - It's gonna get icky. So now I don't have to wake up at 4am to shower! Yay!

Also, now Randy is just taking off the second half of the day and staying verses checking me in and heading to work. I'm excited.

Visitors are welcome, but we are requesting that you contact us before you come...I have my phone and computer with me, or you could contact Randy.

There are a few things you'll need to know, though:
Visitors: (per hospital guidelines)
1. One family member may stay with (me) at all times
2. Often seizures can become more severe and or prolonged when (I am) withdrawn from anticonvulsants. It is imperative that the staff have room to work in this event.
3. We (as in, the hospital) request that you limit other visitors to two, no more than three at a time. There is a waiting room available where others can wait and rotate in if needed.
4. General visiting hours are 9am to 9pm



#3 is the main reason we are asking that you call us before you come by...we have felt so loved and supported lately and many have asked if they could come by, so we feel that there might be an issue of crowd control at some point. We definitely don't want to discourage you! I would love visitors! Especially since they are wanting me to stay awake during the daytime...I'm expecting it to get pretty boring! I'm basically limited to my bed and the chair next to the bed. Staying awake will probably be rough! I don't think they'll let me sleep much at night, either, since the goal is to sleep deprive me to stir up seizures...

I'm anxious, but ready (I think). Since my birthday is Tuesday, the 29th, I've been making all of my birthday wishes to have major seizures so that this week will be productive and that they'll be able to see where the problems are in my brain. That would be the best present ever! I've gotten some other great presents, though! Randy got me a new HUGE box to hold some of my art supplies, and he got me this documentary I've been wanting on the 50 states :). I also got one of my favorite movies, Northanger Abbey! Both of those will be wonderful while I'm stuck in bed for a week! Randy also got me some new pajamas and slippers (more hospital necessities)...they said I had to have slippers and button down pajamas (or they'd make me wear hospital gowns). No thanks! Then, my awesome in-laws got me some books on Zentangles! Which is a form of doodle-esque art that I adore! AND, it turns out the artist was IN THE STORE when she bought the book! So she signed it for her, and it turns out this artist got into zentangles one time while she was in the hospital, too! So she wrote me a note that says, "Erin, Keep creating, it will change your world!" So cool :) I love how God brings such amazing moments and people into our lives.

Randy also took me on a nice date on Friday :) We ate at a local Mongolian Grill that I LOVE and tried to see Silver Linings Playbook, but they put it in this TINY theater and there were NO seats together, so they gave us a refund and then he surprised me and took me to the Starbucks we went to at the end of our first date :) I had a dirty chai tea latte (chai tea latte with a shot of espresso) and he had hot chocolate :)
Our first date was a special one. He surprised me - which is NOT easy to do. He always does, though...
I'll write a blog about our first date someday :) It's a great story!
Anyway, we went there again :) It was nice!


I also decided to paint my nails a pretty color for the hospital since I was going to feel gross for the next week!
New slippers, pjs, & nail color :)


I also took Pepper to get her shots this week and got her nails clipped. She'll be spending all of next week with Grandma and Grandpa (Randy's parents). She adores them! She'll have a ball, and we know they will, too :) I'll miss her, though.


My parents are also coming in this week, so that's exciting :) I'm glad I'll get to see them, even if the circumstances are a little rough.


Please pray for our family this week. Things are going to be INSANE! Please pray that my body can handle being off the medication, but that I have some of the worst seizures ever. I know that's kind of crazy to ask for, but we don't want to have to do this twice. We're praying that the tests work and that my body is responsive. We're praying that my brain puts out signals that are sharp and clear and that the monitor picks them up and shows them exactly where the problems are. We're praying that the doctors have the wisdom to figure out where the problem is so we can finally figure out the right course for treatment. We're praying that this is successful, even if it means temporary pain and suffering.

Also, please pray for my sweet Randy. He is already stressed and I know this is going to be heavy on his shoulders. He is going to be working this week, so he will be going constantly back and forth between the hospital and work. Please keep him in your prayers for strength and less stress.



Comments

  1. Praying for you!! Happy (early) Birthday girl!! :) Try to enjoy your bday as much as possible. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic