Results & A Huge Twist

I saw Dr. P today and it was so/so.

The whole appointment probably lasted a grand total of 20-30 minutes...
I've been in a lot of pain lately, so I told him about that. I'm not sure if it means my medicine isn't working, or what's going on, but I thought it was important.
Also, I let Dr. P know that Randy let me know that I have been talking in my sleep lately. That's not normally a big deal, but he said I have been saying letters like "a, e, b, z, r, f, d, etc." The REALLY strange part is the fact that I have repeated the same letters on other nights in my sleep. A few similar events have happened, too, but they're hard to explain...weird. I have also had dreams every night for the past 4 nights where I have had grand mal-ish seizures. Weird. When I told Dr. P about this, he started to get really serious and his entire demeanor changed.
-Side note: I had told him about making my appointment with my new neurologist (december 5!) and he had told me to give his information to the nurse so he could have it on file.
Back to the story - after I told him about the crazy sleep talking and other new symptoms, he wanted the phone number immediately so he could call the neurologist's office and try to get my appointment moved up because my symptoms are getting so much worse! That's not alarming at all! He said it all keeps pointing to temporal lobe symptoms and it's like my brain is working like a broken record.

So he decided to add another medication - Keppra, 250mg, twice a day. I'll take it with the Topamax for now, but eventually the goal it to reduce the T-max if it seems like the Keppra is helping, and I think they'll eventually raise the Keppra, too.

Then, he told me some devastating news. He said some words I have been dreading. He said he thought it was time for me to stop driving. Typically, once you have a seizure, your license is taken away for 6 months. Since I have never had a grand mal seizure, I have been safe from this. However, my seizures are progressing rapidly and seem to be spiraling out of control. I am officially a danger to society as well as myself. I am not allowed to drive until I improve. As you can imagine, this puts quite the kink in our plans. I feel like I have to be chaperoned everywhere I go. Ugh! Buttt, if I drive and hurt someone/family/myself, I would never forgive myself. Also, I could go to jail since my doctor has told me not to drive. Blehh. So if anyone wants to volunteer to drive me around, call me!!! :):):) Fortunately, my husband works at the university I attend, so that works out! I'll have to stay at school all day, but at least I won't miss class!

Even worse than that: my MRI/MRA came back clear...but fortunately my new symptoms gave us a little bit of new insight, so we're not completely in the dark. Basically, my temporal lobe is CRAZY. And getting worse. Something is majorly wrong and getting worse.


In other, much happier news, Randy and I are leaving on a romantic getaway to clear our heads this weekend!!! We NEED this!!! It will be fun! Not only that, but another couple we know decided to go as well (in a different cabin, of course) and we'll get to see them every now and then for dinner or a boardgame or two :) We'll be surrounded by colored leaves and we'll have our own hot tub in our cabin and we'll be in the middle of nowhere. I'm excited! Just the weekend getaway we need!


A lot has happened lately. With us, and the country, but I know God is in control. I saw someone post something today that really touched me today that said:
Although I agree with everyone in saying, "regardless of who our president is, God is in control." I can't help but wonder if all of these individuals also accept that sometimes Gods promises don't always mean shiny, pleasant and easy things. Sometimes we are put through refining fire for our sanctification and His glory. As for me, I will serve The Lord. I will pray for President Obama AND respect His leadership because I am commanded to do so. And I will accept and follow the Lords sovereignty, for the good OR bad.
I have no idea what God is doing in my life. Right now, it is absolutely the most painful thing I have ever been through, but I know it is where I am supposed to be. Do I want to be able to drive? YESSS. Is my God still more powerful than I can imagine? Yes. He is still faithful, and I know He has a plan.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty