Learning To Be The Passenger

So crazy things have been going on lately. I'm super sleepy, and I really need to go to bed because my seizures get worse when I get less sleep, but I'll deal with that later, I guess.

I have a lot on my mind.
Where to begin?


So we had our "vacation." Although it was kind of like the most intense weekend EVER. Well, sort of. It was really nice, but I definitely didn't get to relax like I wanted to. I'm sure Randy felt the same. We had a GORGEOUS cabin, though...and the trees were beautiful as well!!! It was amazing! AND I had s'mores! For some reason I have been craving them like NONE OTHER lately. It was fairly intense. So yummy!
I felt bad for Randy, though. He had to drive the whole way :( I love to drive, too. Sad day for Erin.

 Anyway, I guess I'll stop talking and share pictures. I have a few of them.

Our gorgeous cabin! Good job, Randy!
panorama from my phone!

Here's us at the lake from above? It was pretty!

Oh, and this happened. Hahahah!


The colors of the leaves were so pretty! It's definitely autumn!

Oh, and then we drove to the top of this mountain because it was supposed to be one of the most beautiful and scenic drives in America, but a storm came in a little early, so we mostly saw fog. The picture above is literally one of the only pictures I have of the colored leaves hahah. It's pretty depressing. Also, it was pretty dangerous. I offered to help drive, but for some reason Randy didn't want my help on the winding mountain...I can't figure out why... :)


In other news, being driven around everywhere is okay, but kind of annoying. Don't get me wrong, I'm super grateful for all of the people (mostly my sweet husband and wonderful in-laws) who have been driving me around, but I really miss driving. I'm getting used to it, though. Now it's only frustrating when I know something is coming up and I won't be able to get there and I know Randy will be busy. I hate feeling like I'm bumming a ride.

It will probably last until at least 2013. Randy took me to see Dr. P on Friday and he said I still don't need to drive. I keep having pretty severe memory lapses and minor blackouts, so that's not really good for my fellow citizens...I've had several occasions when I've been present for conversations or tv shows and I haven't remembered a single big of it. I mean, significant things, not just things I heard in passing. For instance, the other day, Randy and I watched an episode of Duck Dynasty, like we do every Wednesday. It's one of my favorite shows, so we always make kind of a big deal out of it. A few days later, I had a big seizure at school and had to take pain medicine, so Randy dropped me off at his parents' house because I was having severe chest pain and he thought I needed to be monitored. While I was over there, we watched the same episode we had watched the past Wednesday, and I remembered the first 5-6 minutes, but then I realized I hadn't seen the rest of the episode. I mean, I had NO memory of it...I texted Randy and asked him if we watched the whole episode because I was so confused. So there was probably 20 minutes that I lost. It was crazy! Mind you, this was only 6 days after we had watched it! Weird.


So I got bumped up to 500mg of Keppra, twice a day with 100mg of Topamax, twice a day. There are a ton of other pills, but oh well. I think I'm up to 7 pills in the morning and 2 in the evening now! 3 of the morning ones are vitamins, though...


Tomorrow, Randy and I are going to a fancy dinner for the university. I have to find somewhere to get my hair done. I thought I had someone, but I found out at the last minute that they were unavailable, so I have no clue what I will do...it has to be done in a fancy fancy way and I am clueless. Haha. We shall see! I'm sure it will work out! My dress is gorgeous, though. I'll try to post a picture :) Pray my balance doesn't fail me. I've been falling a lot lately...oops!

Maybe my Keppra will work? New neurologist appointment is December 5th! He's supposed to be one of the best in the world...hopefully he won't fixate on things that don't even matter.
Funny fact, though: I got a bill from Dr. S, who was trying to convince me not to focus on epilepsy, despite my diagnosis and positive EEG, and HIS diagnosis on my bill was EPILEPSY. WHAT?!?!? He just wanted those fat co-pays... but I digress.


Crazy world we live in!


I feel beyond overwhelmed. 

Thanks for reading!

BY THE WAY, it's Epilepsy Awareness Month! Spread the word! I've been meaning to post it on here, but I keep forgetting! That's what happens when your memory is AWFUL! :)



a great reminder:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic