Re-return

If anyone watches HIMYM, you might find a bit of amusement in the title :)

So I apologize for my obnoxiously long hiatus from here.
However, I am extremely thrilled to report that things have been SO. MUCH. BETTER! I can't explain it, but I am better than I have been in at least 2 years. Who knows what's going on? I'll take it, though!!!

I've been through a lot more tests and junk since my last post, and we haven't really gotten anywhere. It's the strangest thing - the doctors will be about 90% sure I have something, they get me into the tests in crazy timing because they insist the test is urgent and that they need to get to whatever is wrong ASAP, then they find nothing and almost can't believe it.

I have 2 more CT scans to do next week and then I decided I'm done. I'll continue to see my neurologist for migraines, but I'm really just sick of tests. I'm feeling pretty good lately, so I'm just going to pray everything continues to go well. I just can't do it anymore, ya know?


So what's next for this blog? Well, I'll continue to update you on what's going on with health things, but I'll also update you on our lives as a newly married couple. I'll also share random tips and tricks I stumble upon - because lately things have been rocking my world in terms of creativity and crafts!


When I last wrote about something other than guacamole, I had shingles on my head. If you don't know what shingles are, please google it. It is awful, and if you have had chicken pox, you could get it, too. As the commercial says, "if you have had chicken pox, the shingles virus already lives inside you." I have had it twice now, and I can promise you it does not only happen to older people, and it is NOT pleasant. You need to know what it looks like and how it feels because the second time I had it was significantly less severe than the first time because I knew what it was and immediately called my doctor and got in within 12 hours of noticing it. He gave me an anti-viral, and it helped tremendously!

Now that my PSA on shingles is over, I'll fill you in on what else has been going on...

Randy and I have been working in our garden a lot, and that has been beyond wonderful! We planted 8 different types of sunflowers along our back fence, and in our raised beds I have planted 8 different types of tomatoes (9 different plants), crook-necked squash (because someone put it in the zucchini bin and I didn't check -_-), zucchini, lima beans, red bell peppers, okra, and sweet pickle peppers!

AND we have basically started an orchard, which is AMAZING! I grew up in Kentucky, with an orchard in my backyard, so I have always had a dream of planting another one! We have 3 pomegranate trees - only 2 are mature, though...one is little bitty! The pomegranates are 2 different varieties, 1 'sweet' pomegranate and 2 'wonderful' pomegranates! Next, we have 3 columnar apple trees (google it! They're amazing!) - we have golden, green, and red apples :) I'm super excited! I also have 2 huge blueberry bush/trees that are covered in blueberries! Then we have 2 baby blueberry bush/trees, 1 black raspberry bush, 1 blackberry bush, and a sweet bay leaf tree (my favorite!)! Randy and his dad just built me some table beds (like raised beds on stilts, so you don't have to bend over and kill your back) & I have filled them with yummy herbs and a few pepper plants :) I have lemon thyme (my fave), German thyme, sage, flat parsley, boxwood basil, sweet basilx2, cilantro, oregano, sweet marjoram,  lemon basil, cinnamon basil, German chamomile, & summer savory (another fave). For peppers, we have a mild jalepeƱo, yellow cayenne, nacho?, and 2 purple bells (one of those was supposed to be a hablano, but I got duped again by someone who put it in the wrong bin :(
It is REALLY coming along! It makes me really happy and working in the garden has been making me feel really good! I can't even explain how therapeutic it has been for me!

Here are some pictures :)

My Eden
- herbs, peppers, mints, lavender, passion vines, lemon grass, zucchini, bay leaves, blackberries, black raspberries,
aloe vera, squash, blueberries, apples, tomatoes, jasmine, okra, lima beans, pomegranates & comfortable seating -

A view more to the right

We might have gotten a few bags of mulch...
everywhere covered in black plastic is getting mulch added :)
Gotta keep the weeds out!

Here's a closer view of some of the veggies and the fruit trees on the right :)
Along with Pete the gnome and my curious pup!








I am so thankful to have this space that brings me so much joy. I can see God's handiwork every time I am outside and I love it! This is my new favorite place on earth.

My sweet husband said something today that made me smile. I was talking about how since I've spent so much time in the garden I've gotten so much better, and he smiled and said, "I know. I know how good it has been for you, which is why I haven't had a problem with the cost or the work. I want to do this for you. I know it's helping." He is THE BEST. 



I'm also super excited to say that we are hosting our first family gathering since we've been married - or even a couple - at our house this Memorial Day! I have been so sick and our house has been crazy for basically our entire relationship, so it feels incredible to play hostess to my dear Byers family!

I hope to write again very soon! :) It definitely won't be 3 more months before my next post!

The Lord has done amazing things for us. We are so blessed!
I pray we continue to realize how blessed we are!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic