Beautiful Night

Today has been great, but the night was even better.

First of all, I want to take a second to say how incredible my husband is. He is absolutely amazing and I couldn't imagine life with anyone else! I love you, Randy! Thank you for being mine! I am SO thankful for you!

So here's how the night went down:

First, I messed up my potato soup for the first time ever :(
I use a family recipe that my Mema, Mom, and sometimes my Dad always made for me, and it's definitely my favorite. I was originally going to make Ranch house crock pot pork chops and mashed potatoes, but I forgot to defrost the pork chops, and I really didn't have enough time, so I rolled with the punches and started making soup. Randy loooooooves soup, so I knew it would be a winner. Well, somehow I managed to completely mess it up. Well, I know how, but I don't know why it happened because I've made it many times before! I guess I just wasn't paying attention? Most likely.

Anyway, so that was a little depressing. Especially when Randy said, "well, maybe you could make Ramen?" HAHAHA
Y'all, I promise I'm a good cook! I learned to cook Ramen in the 5th grade, and my skills have definitely improved!


So then we just didn't really eat anything...instead, we just sat around listening to the thunderstorm that was brewing and enjoyed the company of one another. It was amazing! We just talked, laughed, and cuddled (of course!). If you never spend quality time with your spouse with no electronics, tv, or other distractions, I suggest you get on that. It is definitely one of the best things ever! Not the absolute best part of marriage, but pretty close to the top ;)
Also, I'm pretty sure tv qualifies as an electronic, but I felt like it needed to be up there by itself. Such a time suck!

So around 8 or so, I confess to Randy that I've been dying for avocado frozen yogurt for the longest time, but especially today! Seriously, if you've never tried it, DO IT! Even if you don't like avocados I bet you'd like it! It's INCREDIBLE. So incredible, in fact, that I only put that flavor in my bowl with no other froyo flavors. They had at least 9 other amazing flavors, y'all. This is some serious froyo love.
MAN, he is a cutie!!!
Confession: I'm that person that LOADS UP on fruit at frozen yogurt places. Normally, I don't get anything other than fruit. I LOVE fruit! They hate when I go through the line because they have, like, half the fruit they started with when I'm done :). When I was a kid we were never really allowed to eat sweets...we ate fruit. So I don't really care for candy and such. Weird, I know.
Anyway, I always load up on fruit, but every now and then I get 5 or 6 baby gummy bears if they have them :) Yumilicious is really the only place I know that has them, and I can't resist. I don't even like them that much, they're just so dang cute! Again - weird, I know.

Then, hubs suggested we make a stop at Schlotzsky's for a sandwich, since I botched dinner. I added that last part, not him. He was trying (and succeeding) to be sweet because he knows I love me some Schlotzsky's!

So what could have been a stinky night turned into a lovely, spontaneous date night :)
I love that man!

Taking a BIG turn in topics:
Tonight we were also listening to the radio, and I turned it to the country station for Randy.
They were playing Blake Shelton's Heal OK (Oklahoma) Benefit concert. It was all very moving, but one performance had me holding back tears. Miranda Lambert sang "The House That Built Me", which is already an emotional, moving song, but add the tragedy from the tornado, and it's almost too much to take in. It is a song with such imagery...beautiful is the only word I can think of.

Check out her performance here:

 

My heart is so heavy for those in Oklahoma. I'm so thankful none of my friends were injured, but I know they're hurting anyway. Please join me in lifting up everyone who has been affected by this tragedy in prayer.

God is still good!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic