32 Weeks

The first of our maternity photos we have gotten back 💛
How far along: 32wks 2days

Baby's size: The size of a squash...or coconut...or jicama. It depends on which site/app you're looking at haha - about 16.7in long and I think she said just over 4lbs. She projected that baby will be approximately 7lbs or slightly more when I'm induced at 38wks.

Heartbeat: 145bpm

Gender: still a surprise! It honestly hasn't been as hard as I was expecting.

Weight gain: around 20lbs, maybe just over.

Maternity clothes: all day, every day. Well, when I'm not in pajamas...which is most days, every day.

Stretch marks: not really.

Belly button - in or out: in, except it kind of flattens if I take a big breath or cough/sneeze. It's pretty shallow since I had my robotic gallbladder surgery.

Wedding rings - on or off: on, but they're already loose since I lost so much weight, so I probably will never need to take them off. They actually have a spacer on them because I didn't want to get them sized down until we were done having kids, so if they do get tight I'll just take that off. No big deal.

Sleep: super vivid and weird dreams, but I sleep well. Actually, since the 3rd trimester started I've been DEAD tired. If I make it through the day without a nap it's a miracle. I get especially tired after meals. Apparently there's a scientific reason to it because of the extra blood and digestion whatnot, but it's kind of inconvenient. Randy keeps telling me to rest, but I feel like such a bum considering he's working like crazy at work, then he comes home and works HARD on the house until 11pm or so. Last night I was punched in the bladder until at least 2am, so I kept feeling like I really needed to use the bathroom, but I usually didn't. It was so frustrating.

Best moments since last post: it has been so long there are several...

  • I was thrown 2 absolutely beautiful showers by family and got to see so many sweet friends and family members I don't see often. We received so many incredible gifts that will really help out when little one comes. We are so thankful for each one!
  • We have made some incredible progress on the house! The room that used to be one long and awkward room is now TWO rooms - one the nursery, and the other a brand spankin' new guest room! Before we only had a twin bed in the office, so it was kind of a one-guest-at-a-time shindig. The nursery is actually close to being done! Randy and his dad textured the ceiling and walls last night, so now they just need paint, then outlets and lighting installed (wires already run, though!), flooring, and then furniture and decorations!!! SO CLOSE! 
  • We are also close to finishing the main bathroom. We installed the vanity my amazing father-in-law built for us and it transformed the room. We also poured concrete over the disgusting green tile on the floor because it was seriously impossible to get off - Randy worked on it for almost 2 days and barely made a dent even though he used every tool imagineable. It's amazing how a concrete floor looks leaps and bounds better, haha. We finally have a bathtub you can actually bathe in as well, which makes me all kinds of happy! We have the waterproofing done on the walls of the shower, despite no tile being there yet, so we can at least take showers. Next we just have to install the cabinets on the built in wall shelves, which are also being made by Randy's dad, and install the window that's on order, then finish out the wall below it. Finally, the last step is to tile the floor and around the tub/shower! SO CLOSE, y'all!!! 
  • We got to see our precious little one again today and we OFFICIALLY scheduled the dates for my admittance into the hospital and my induction dates!!! 41 days from today!!! We also got the rest of my appointments scheduled. I'll go in every week for the next 6wks. We didn't get any photos, though. The last good one we got was at 19wks, but since then baby has been head and face down, so everything was blurry anyway. 
  • We had some maternity photos done!
Miss anything: standing up without sounding like a dying animal. Standing for long periods of time without feeling like my shins are snapping in half. Not having dramatic mood swings.

Movement: The baby moves pretty much nonstop, and he or she is getting MUCH stronger! I have teensy feet in the right side of my ribcage pretty much all day.

Cravings: sweets still. Peanut m&ms have been a big one lately. There's also this dark chocolate with orange peel and almond slivers, and I'm totally obsessed. I actually need to buy more because I ran out. I gave Randy a piece the other day and found myself giving him a slight death stare hahahah
Italian/original pasta salad has been a big one lately as well. I can eat an entire box by myself...though I'm not sure I should brag about that one.

Anything making you queasy or sick: not really...sometimes I accidentally overeat and feel kind of soupy.

Happy or moody: oh so moody. It's bad, y'all. There have been many days (like Monday) where I have warned Randy and anyone else around that I am feeling irrationally cranky and that there isn't a reason and no one needs to take it personally, haha. The other day we were eating lunch with his parents and I said I was feeling extremely angry. His dad said, "maybe you aren't really angry and you're just feeling kind of blah?" "nope, I'm definitely angry" haha
Then I kind of bounce to hyper or extremely sad. Hormones are so fun.

Labor signs: nope! Randy is practically begging the baby to stay put since we are still racing the clock to finish some construction around the house.

Looking forward to: birthing classes and such! Finally finding out the gender. Moving into the nursery!

Not looking forward to: scheduling birthing classes and such, haha. I'll also be switching to a different blood thinner in a few weeks and I've heard it can cause a lot of weight gain. I've done really well so far, so I'm anxious about gaining too much more.

Other weird symptoms: I've kind of lost the sensation of feeling full. It's coming back a little more now, but for a while there the only way I really felt full was when it got hard to breathe from my stomach squishing my lungs.
This isn't exactly a symptom, but the cats have become especially clingy. WAY more than their normal levels of clingy. All 3 of them NEED to be on me or rubbing against my face pretty much 24/7. Annie has started crying alllllll the time if she doesn't know where I am...and even when she finds me she sits and cries wanting me to pick her up. Preparing me for life with a baby, I suppose.

Now prepare for a photo dump since it has been forever since my last post...

 
 
 
NURSERY!!!!

Last night they sprayed on texture to the ceiling and walls!
Now it's just painting, installing doors, electric work (all the wires are ready) and floors!
Then we can move all of the furniture in and begin decorating!!!

Thanks for following along with us, and a huge thank you to those who have showered us with love, gifts, and prayers. We are beyond grateful. I have felt amazing for the first time in YEARS and this pregnancy has flown by as a result. We can't wait to begin the next chapter with our sweet little gift.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty