19 Week Update - Halfway There!

Since I'm being induced at 38 weeks, 19 weeks marked the halfway point! 

Don't let the purple or blue fool you. I just like those colors 😬
How far along: Just over 19 weeks (although baby is measuring 3 days ahead, so closer to 20wks right now)

Baby's Size: About 5.9" long, 10oz - about the size of a mango or heirloom tomato.

Heartbeat: It was 144bpm today

Gender: It's a surprise!

Weight gain: about 2lbs

Maternity clothes: A few things here and there. I'm actually wearing my first maternity shirt today. I haven't needed them because of my natural preference for flowy clothes. Randy used to joke that if I was showing too much before we announced I was pregnant no one would guess. I have gotten a couple maternity pants (LOVE) but I'm mostly just wearing the kind that have the stretchy triangles instead of the full belly panel jeans. I can still wear some of my old jeans, but I have to put a separate belly band on them and keep them unbuttoned. Since I lost so much weight before I got pregnant, most of my clothes still fit. It won't be long. Baby is growing like crazy right now! Within the last week or so my belly has become very big and obvious. It's crazy how one day it's just like *pop*! 

Stretch marks: I already have stretch marks from gaining and then losing 65lbs, but I haven't noticed new ones. I'm not too worried about it.

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding rings on or off: On, but they're also way too big after losing weight, so I don't expect to ever need to take them off.

Sleep: It's getting a little more difficult these days. Thank goodness Unisom is safe to use...I usually wake up every morning at 4am for a bathroom run. I'm having a lot of trouble staying on my left side, even with my gigantic u-shaped pregnancy pillow. 

Best moment this week: Seeing our little nugget again! We also have a date! I asked my OB today what the plans are for being induced at 38wks and he said to come in the night of Memorial Day, May 29th, and they'll admit me to the hospital. They'll induce me the morning of May 30th! I gotta say...I'm a little disappointed it won't be June after I made my sign and all, but I can't wait! It's a little surreal to have an exact date! Of course, babies do what they want and come when they want to (unless forced out, lol) so there's a possibility he/she could be here earlier, but we will for sure have a baby in our arms before the month of June!!!!!

Miss anything: Drinking as much caffeine as I want. I still drink caffeine, but not too much. I keep it under the recommended 200-300mg. Maybe I miss drinking caffeine in public without feeling judged 😬. One negative of the bump, haha. For the longest time, coca-cola was the only thing that helped my occasional nausea.

Movement: SO MUCH! I love it. I may sing a different tune when my ribs are being kicked, but right now I love them. Last week I made some pork chops in the crockpot and almost the second I took my first bite, the baby started going nuts! Randy said, "maybe the baby really likes pork chops?"

Cravings: Pasta (let's get real - I crave pasta pregnant or not), Chinese food - specifically crab rangoon, fruit juice of any kind - tomato and grapefruit lately, hot cinnamon raisin bagels with butter, Costco's spinach artichoke dip (but we don't have a membership yet 😭),  and jack in the box spicy chicken sandwiches with curly fries in their taco sauce  🙌
A few other things depending on the day, but that's all I can think of right now

Anything making you queasy or sick: Gas. It has gotten better, but for a while there I had to take gas-x at night or I would throw up about an hour after I woke up after my stomach started bubbling. Aside from that, I really haven't had much morning sickness - praise!

Happy or moody: I'm gonna say happy, but ask Randy 😅 . I definitely have my days...

Labor Signs: Nope! Praise the Lord!

Looking forward to: Feeling like I look more pregnant and less like I just gained a bunch of belly chub, haha. The past week I've grown a ton, so it shouldn't be long! I'm also so excited for Randy to feel the baby move. I've imagined the look on his face a few times, and I know it will be even sweeter when it happens. May 30th!!  Of course 😆
Not looking forward to: Needing to use the bathroom more than I already do. Sometimes I literally walk out of the bathroom and have to go again before I even get down the hall. Not looking forward to people/strangers  touching my belly. 
Other weird symptoms: SO MUCH BURPING/HICCUPPING

Our appointment went really well today. We had an anatomy scan, so we had an extra long ultrasound. I'm not complaining! Well, except I had to use the bathroom almost as soon as she started poking my stomach. Which, for the record, was less than 3 minutes from the last time I went. #preggoprobs
you can ALMOST see that little fist in front of his/her face
Baby was super uncooperative today and just hung out on his/her back the whole scan, so she didn't get to see the spine, but she said everything looked perfect and she didn't expect any issues. So far all of the genetic testing has come back perfectly normal, so we are VERY excited! Not that it would change anything if there was a problem, but I'm so thankful there isn't one that we know about. Nugget also kept his/her face turned slightly away, so we never got a super clear profile shot except for a few glimpses here and there, with criss-crossed legs and fists in front of that sweet little face.
We still aren't finding out the gender, so she turned the monitor off for us while she confirmed the results of the blood work. Randy's dad is convinced - and has been since about 12wks - that it's a boy. We shall see! I think the hardest part of not knowing is pronouns...I certainly don't want to call our baby "it" but sometimes saying "he/she" or "his/her" every time gets exhausting. #firstworldproblems. Don't get me wrong - waiting is HARD, but now I've gotten used to it.
Our next scan/appointment will be at 24 weeks, so hopefully on President's Day (24wks exactly) while Randy is already off. I have to see a different doctor that double checks high risk patients 💁 for a "level 2 ultrasound" to kind of double check everything, and then I'll go see my regular OB the same day. It's moving along! I've heard the 3rd trimester kind of drags on, so maybe things will slow down in a couple months! Until then, I'm trying to soak it all in. I'm so thankful for this little blessing. We love this nugget so much already.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty