Pins & Needles

Monday I am going to be trying something crazy - acupuncture. Ok, so maybe it isn't that crazy.

It was recommended to me a few years ago by friends who had used it for med school stress and such, but I never really felt like following up. I made an appointment with a chiropractor with great reviews in the area, but she was still 35min away (where I live, that's pretty far. Everything is pretty close) and I ended up canceling because I was already spread pretty thin. Now I am kind of at a point where I feel like I've tried everything else and I'm a little sick of dealing with doctors. Not that I'm going to stop dealing with them, but I feel like it's time I explore a little. If nothing else, I'm a little curious to experience it. There are no negative risks to acupuncture other than being stuck with a bunch of tiny needles. However, I hear you can barely feel them (similar to a mosquito bite) and if I can handle Botox injections for migraines, I can totally handle this. Even if I don't like it, I got a great, affordable chiropractor out of the deal. I really liked her and she made my back feel better than any chiro I've been to before. She was also down to earth and super nice. I really enjoyed just talking with her. I usually need to see a chiro every 6months to a year because my back hates me and likes to throw itself out of whack. Like this past Christmas where I literally couldn't get out of bed. Randy said every time I turned over in my sleep I screamed. So it gets pretty bad.

I've heard acupuncture can help with PCOS, migraines, neurological issues, stomach problems, and so on. Even if it didn't help with any of that, I'd appreciate even just getting to feel so relaxed for an hour. As of now, I'm going to be seeing her twice a week for 4 weeks. I'm pretty excited about it :) I also feel like I'm going in with a pretty realistic mindset - I don't expect this to magically cure me. If nothing else, I've heard it feels good and is freakishly relaxing. The girl I mentioned before told me not to plan anything for the day I have it done because I won't want to do anything else all day.

I'll try to post an update after I have my first or second session.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty