The Fun Stuff

Now that we're all up to date on medical stuff...

TO THE FUN STUFF :)

SO. MUCH. HAS. HAPPENED! I know I say that in almost every post, but WOW.
I don't even know if I'm going to be able to cover it all.

First - we went to San Diego for a work conference Randy had to be at. People kept asking if I was in SD for vacation and I would say, "well, my husband is here for work, so I'M on vacation!" It was so nice to get away for a while. Everything was perfect except our hotel from hell. More on that in a minute :)

Here are fun pictures first:
Get ready for photo overload :)

The incredible Italian food we had the first night. It was legit.
 The view from the courtyard of the hotel! The location was probably the only great thing about it! It was apparently THE hotel for every party-going piece of trash in Pacific Beach. Not that everyone who goes to a party is trash, but these people definitely were. It was OUT OF CONTROL. There were loud parties, screaming into all hours of the night, stomping around upstairs until 4 in the morning, and multiple occasions of fist fights, door slamming, and screaming in the hallways that got several people arrested and kicked out of the hotel. After 3 nights of no sleep and COCKROACHES coming into our room from the people next to us who left their 1st floor balcony door open with no screen. There was a door connecting us...they came in under it. I had a mild panic attack after the second one escaped and I couldn't find it to kill it before bed. Turns out it went back under the door.
 My favorite place of all time. The best tacos, period. This was about a minute walk from our hotel and the prices were super low. I couldn't have asked for better fish tacos. Or tacos period. So good!
Heaven in a taco shell.

Pacific Beach
Then we had Bite of Boston and it was SO good! Lobster roll, "chowda", and a cheesesteak. Yum!

 Point Loma lighthouse. Note: DO NOT drive up there on Memorial Day. Ever.
You have to pass a military base as well as the National Cemetery on a single, 2-lane road. Yuck.


 My beach day I forced myself to have. I just couldn't handle staying in a hotel on the beach and not actually GOING to the beach. So I had a nice time while Randy went to his conference-y things.
 Then, we went to what is supposedly the most haunted house in America. It was interesting as far as the house itself, but pretty uneventful other than the wackos on the tour with us.
 Wait...I think I see a person in the window! ;)

 This was a war memorial on the top of a giant hill. We really enjoyed the sunset up there!
 The view from our room after we moved to the 3rd floor. 
Our room on the first floor was a nightmare!!!!
We actually enjoyed this room so much more except for the people fighting in the hallways, screaming profanity, and slamming doors. Sigh. At least the view was great!
So our time in San Diego was SO fun! We were there 8 days and had a ton of fun! Unfortunately, the craziness of our hotel didn't allow for much sleep! We only got TWO good nights of sleep the whole 7 nights!

Which made for no fun the next week - when my BROTHER GOT MARRIED!!!!!!!
Yep, my big brother got married!!! I couldn't be happier! I adore both of them and their wedding was absolutely gorgeous! More pictures below!!!

 Here's my dad and I :)
Handsome husband & I :)
I wore my pearls Randy brought me from overseas. I had never worn them before and really wanted to...so I kind of coordinated my dress with the jewelry :)
 My favorite cousin in the world! She is basically a sister and I love her dearly!
The flowers were TO DIE FOR.
 Right after this is where I absolutely lost it. After her dad gave her away, my brother embraced him in the tightest, most loving hug full of thanks and joy. The tears were flowing big time!

 MR & MRS!!!
I love them so much! They both looked so great!
 Momma :)


Just before we left, I had to pick up Randy's birthday present I had made for him! I met this incredible girl and artist in high school in the advanced art class. She is arguably the best artist I have ever met and I knew I wanted to have her do a commission for me. So I messaged her back in February or so about picking it up in June and she agreed! She works with color better than anyone I've seen except maybe some of the great painters like Monet, Cézanne, van Gogh, and I'm SO not kidding or exaggerating. I think she's brilliant and have since I saw her doodles back in the day.

So here's what she did! The reference photo is below the drawing, in case you want to see :) We now have it framed in our home and I'm obsessed!
This is the original...CRAZY!


Our next adventure is to BRAZIL in TWO weeks! I'm so excited!
My passport is currently off getting my visa, so hopefully all that will work out!
Before you ask, no, we're not going for the World Cup. Randy has a business trip and I get to go!


As for other fun things, I GOT A JOB! I now work for my city in the public library! It's a dream!
It was super unexpected and everything seriously just came together so perfectly it's obvious Who orchestrated it. We have an awesome God!

I originally applied back in February because they are literally no more than 5 minutes from my house, and I was driving almost 3 hours in traffic where I was working earlier this year. It was a nightmare commute, and I seriously dreaded it. Not to mention I was spending almost my whole paycheck on gas!
So when this job came up with INCREDIBLE part-time pay and the best possible location for us, I decided to jump on the opportunity! It was for a senior library assistant position and I seemed pretty qualified. Months went by with no word, so I assumed it was a lost cause. This worked out, though, because then my health TANKED and I wasn't able to work anyway! School wasn't helping things, either.

So I'm sitting in my hotel room in San Diego the afternoon after I had kind of gotten some bad news about something at school when my phone rings. I believe this was somewhere around June 1st. Unfortunately, I didn't get to my phone on time, but I'm kind of glad. When I checked my voicemail I found out it was the library wanting me to come interview for a position! CRAZY!

The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I've been feeling better in general lately, but because I had just started coming off my meds for my brain that kind of changed my personality a little bit, I was feeling GREAT aside from frequent migraines. See my last post for more info on that...
I feel like if I had received this call at any other time I would have seriously had to consider my health before jumping in.
So I set up the interview and it just so happened he needed me to come in that Monday, which was CRAZY because we were flying in on Sunday night, then we were driving to my brother's wedding Tuesday night! So Monday was really the ONLY day to meet!

I went in feeling super confident and the interview went so well! I couldn't have asked for more. They said it would probably be July before I would begin working if they hired me because it was a city job, so I had to have a background check as well as a drug test.

Within two weeks of my interview I got a call back saying they wanted to hire me pending my background and drug tests! A week later, I was hired!
I began work last Monday (June 23) and have absolutely LOVED it!!!! My hours are incredible, the pay is great for part time, it's 3-5 minutes from my house, and the environment is the absolute best! People are fun and nice, it's ridiculous how laid back things are, and I just love it. I don't think I could put it into the right words. It's a dream!
I actually think this is the best job I've ever had, and that includes working in immigration with Randy. I loved that job so much and I never thought I would find one that even compared to it. This job is so great!

So I'm the Senior Library Assistant Technology Trainer for the library! I also work in adult reference every now and then, but my primary job is technology. I literally get paid to explore apps for the library and learn how to use them. Then, I have to be able to teach patrons of the library, and in some cases, the staff. For example, we're about to switch our digital calendar program and my first job will be to learn how to use it, write up a method on how to use it, and program all the events from the former calendar into the new one. Then, I'll have to teach the staff how to program their future events into the calendar as well!
I'm also going to be responsible for teaching people how to use computers and tablets at the library. I'll be teaching classes on them and can't wait!
Here's a picture of my current home in the circulation department (which is kind of weird considering I'm not part of their team) but I'm really enjoying meeting everyone there! However, I'll be moving to a permanent location in about 2 weeks in an office with 2 other members of my team. That will be nice because circulation is, like, 30 people in one room. Also, there are about 25 book carts behind me at this desk, so it's kind of an awkward place.
BEST. JOB. EVER.


Here's another picture that just makes me happy :)
Photo overload on this post!

I'm so thankful the Lord provided just what Randy and I needed in the perfect time. He is so good. I just can't even handle the Love He has for us! He knows what we need and when we need it. His timing is perfect.

Thanks for making it all the way to the end!
I hope to write again SOOOOOON!!!!

E



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic