Create

I love creating things. 
I always have. 



I have a deep love and passion for art, but I can barely remember the last time I actually made something except the other day when I made a banner for a coworker's wedding shower. It stirred something within me and now I have such a desire to make more things! It's a little overwhelming!

I made her banner from a heavy watercolor paper that I measured out and cut into triangles, then I used these fun flat chalk things and shaded the triangles with browns, a little gold, and a little red. Her wedding colors are pink, cream, and gold :)
Then I cut out the letters for her married name in a celtic font (because she loves LOTR and such) and painted them with a dark brown acrylic and glued them on! After I punched holes and tied them all together with twine I sealed it with a spray so the chalk wouldn't rub off. Fun!

Before that, who knows what I made last, or WHEN I made it!

So I decided to be nostalgic and post some of my favorite things I've made in the last few years or so...
If you want to skip this next part I'd totally understand :)

This is my Boston skyline drawing I did for a drawing class. It's not crooked, but for some reason the picture is...sorry! I actually did this drawing pretty quickly. It's hanging in Randy's office at work :) 

These are 4 of my favorites. They're all kind of cropped a bit, but you get the point. 
Bottom left: This was originally intended as a self portrait, but I don't think that really happened...it was also supposed to be in the style of a famous artist. I chose van Gogh, but I don't think that really happened either except for what I went for in coloring haha
Top right: I did this in economics one day in high school. My teacher spent most of the class watching me draw. He liked it! It also helped that I was also one of the only students he liked...I did the entire hand/background drawing in pen, then covered it with layers of colored pencils, then I got some banana paper (paper with a lot of thick fibers in it) and sewed a heart together and onto the drawing.
Bottom right: this entire piece is made from little squares I cut out of magazines...it took me about a week to finish and I worked on it in pretty much every class I had in high school. My english teacher was obsessed with it and loved to let me work on it. Man, I got away with a lot in high school...
Top left: I did that one this past year from pieces of torn paper, tissue paper, and acrylic paint. I made the entire bird and tree from pieces of paper. This is the only piece of the 4 done in college.

closeup of the bird :)

This is a pair of shoes I painted and they make me happy.

I made this last winter because Randy got me a large set of reeeeeally nice colored pencils :) 
So this was my experiment. It's hanging in my little cubicle now :)

This one is kind of hard to see because it's done with pencil, so it's shiny, and the picture was taken from below to avoid glare from lights above. You still get a little glare on the bridge of her nose and above her right eye. This is my Pepper girl and it's in my cubicle, too :)

This drawing was part of the reason I wrote this post! One of my sweet coworker friends wants me to draw her puppy for her and I'm going to try to do it. It's a shih-tzu, so there's A LOT of hair there...but she sent me a pic and I think I can. When she texted me I replied "I think I can do it, but let's pretend that I can't. That way, if I can do it we'll both be excited, but if I can't you won't be disappointed and I won't have to be a liar" haha


The biggest reason for this post is to say I really want to get back into creating things!!! 
Hopefully I'll have more time this semester. If nothing else maybe I'll have time once I graduate! 
I saw this pin on pinterest and it really connected with me


What makes you happy??









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic