Face Mask Woes...

If anyone has been on Pinterest for any significant amount of time, you've probably seen a TON of things about coconut oil, right? Yes.

You've probably seen something that looks kind of like this:

Well, I think you all know how I feel about coconut oil...I'm totally willing to try ANY coconut product as well as alternative uses for it! So, I broke out my jar of extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO) and decided to try the one about softening hair and clearing your skin...

I should have known better, really. I have SUPER sensitive skin that is very temperamental, but I figured this would work because 1. it's natural, and 2. so many things have sworn by it!

I want to hurt whoever started the rumor that EVCO is good for "clearing skin".
It may work for you, but here's what happened to me...

I BROKE OUT - majorly. Not just the little, unnoticeable pimples, either! I had those miserable, deep ones that HURT! It was so awful! Not only that, but I used it all over - on my arms and legs, too - and as I was showering it out of my hair/off my skin, the shower turned into a death trap! It was SO SLIPPERY! Beware!

Maybe it's one of those things where you have to use it multiple times to see results...
Or maybe it's one of those "gets worse before it gets better" kind of things...

Either way, it was so bad at the time! I didn't want to try it again to see!
So I needed another solution for the damage I had done. I decided to try another face mask I had read about.
I know, I know...I'm a glutton for punishment, right?
Well, fortunately this one worked!

I had read about putting honey on your face and then washing it off, and had even tried it a few times before and knew my skin could tolerate it. Honey gets rid of oil, while also moisturizing. It'll make your face SUPER soft, and it's not sticky at all when you wash it off. I was expecting to need to wash my face with face wash afterward to get the sticky off, but warm water washes it all away with no problem.

Well, I tried something that was even better!

I mixed 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg and mix it into a paste. I usually need to microwave it for 10ish seconds. You can also add more or less of any of them to your desire. 
You might want to try it on your wrist or something beforehand, as this might irritate some skin. 
Although I have SUPER sensitive skin and this doesn't bother me one bit.

Put it on your face for 30 minutes, then wash off with warm water. As you're rinsing, scrub it a little to get even more benefit. 

Note: You might want to wrap a towel around your neck to protect your clothes. After about 20 minutes, you might have some dripping off your chin or nose. It's really cute.

Here's what it will look like:

So here's what this will do for you:
Nutmeg and honey act as a natural anti-inflammatory, which can reduce swelling and redness in skin. They’re also great for soothing acne scars and preventing infection. Honey is also a great antibiotic! It easily kills bacteria that cause pesky pimples!  In addition, the nutmeg and cinnamon also work to exfoliate your skin when you wash this mask off.

When you wash it off, you will be AMAZED at how good your skin feels!
I absolutely love it!

Hope you will, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Coconutty

Naturally Skeptic