Thank You

I have decided to let go of something I have been holding onto for a little over 3 years: Guilt.

What guilt? Thank you note guilt. I am that person.

I am so ridiculously sorry to everyone who gifted Randy and I with wonderful presents at our wedding and wedding showers. They were very much appreciated, and I am well aware how rude it is to not send a thank you. I sincerely apologize. We were deeply touched by the love we received.

As you probably know, we have had a crazy and exhausting past few years. Not that I'm making excuses, but it simply was not a priority in this road of trying to figure out my health issues. Between crazy medications and feeling miserable for most of the last few years, it just wasn't something I was in a place to do, and Randy just doesn't have the time between taking care of me and working. After a while, guilt and shame kept them from being done.

I have been telling myself that I will just have to do them, and that late (super late in my case) is better than never. Well, today I decided to let it go. While I am still incredibly thankful, I cannot continually guilt myself over something I should have done long ago. Is it still my mistake? Yes. But I have decided to forgive myself and move on, with the intention of doing better in the future.

Please forgive me.

Sincerely,
Erin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty