It has been a while!

I figure with the baby coming I should probably get to writing again. The original purpose of this blog was to keep everyone I can't talk to individually up to date on what's happening in our world.

So let's bring you up to date!

In case you somehow didn't know or read the first part of this post...I'm pregnant! I'm 14 weeks along and the baby is due the first of June. Now, if you're somewhat good at math and/or have a due date calculator, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Well, due to my clotting disorder, they're inducing me at 38 weeks so they have a little more control over delivery. I have to take a blood thinning shot every day because the disorder I have can cause blood clots in the placenta, which can cause serious problems, including miscarriage. So...bad...
Anyway, they're switching me to a different shot around 35 weeks that leaves the bloodstream faster in case of early labor or the need for a c-section. Because the likelihood for a c-section increases the longer the baby is "in there", they're inducing at 38wks instead.
Funny story - so the other day I was explaining that to someone on facebook and I accidentally wrote 28 weeks. Not only was she really freaked out, but I got a very concerned text from my sister trying to figure out why on earth they were doing something so crazy. Baby brain is a real thing, people. I keep saying that between baby brain and epilepsy brain, my memory is goooooone haha.

Speaking of epilepsy, I finally have things under control! I'm on a medication called lamictal now and it has been a lifesaver. Within a week of taking it, I felt better than I had in YEARS! Not only that, but I had this twitch in my eye that started around 2008, and it went away! So now my doctor thinks maybe my epilepsy started up around then. My migraines are also so much better, though I got hit by a terrible one this morning. I'll take one every now and then to daily migraines any day.

So that's where we're at right now!
We've been traveling like crazy, and we have more to go, but we're in a great place! God is so good!

I have another baby appointment on Dec 22nd to check my glucose levels because PCOS puts me at a higher risk for gestational diabetes. I have to do glucose testing twice, so more of that syrupy drink for me...bleh! I'll get to see our little nugget while I'm there, too! I can't wait! I'll be almost 16 weeks.

The pictures above were taken by a sweet friend of ours to help us announce our good news!

Merry Christmas, everyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Love

Naturally Skeptic

Coconutty